Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT IS A GREENBRIER T-JET
Can someone tell me what exactly a GREENBRIER car is ? Huh
A ton of fun! :lol:

While most folks are running FRAY or VHORS type t-jets

the greenbrier cars are more like what we raced as kids! Ie.. anything Aurora had tha fit in the car!

The building skills are very different from that of the fray racers.
I think it is harder, becauser you do not have weighted front ends & bodies!

That being said, 99% of the racers are FRAY/VHORS racers who like the challenge!

See the rules here: <a href='http://slotcar64.freeyellow.com/tjc_rules02.html' target='_blank'>Greenbrier Rules</a>
Big Grin Thanks......I need to push for a class like this......And the cars have to look way better than FRAY cars........Thanks........Can you change a AUTO WORLD chassis to fit this class ? ............. JOE KENT
Can you please tell me what Voltage you race these cars at ? Thanks.....JOE
18 or 19 volts.

John has been running this race for 17 years now!
just a ton of fun

You can tweak this class anyway you want.

For the Greenbrier race, it's copper t-jet chassis only.
stock MM 500 gearing
1 fun area is trying to figure out the right rear tire size.
because your using stock or jl little tires on the car, do you want low rear tires for handling
or
taller tires for speed and to reduce torque?

What will be right for you and your driving style?
Do you know if the JL and AW cars run a different gear ratio ? The first JL cars I got I put stock T-jet axles and small wheels and tires just because it looks so much better.....Thanks Again......JOE KENT
slotking Wrote:18 or 19 volts.

John has been running this race for 17 years now!
just a ton of fun

You can tweak this class anyway you want.

For the Greenbrier race, it's copper t-jet chassis only.
stock MM 500 gearing
Could you fill me in on why this is 19 volt if this is sort of a stock class? What transformer is that?
Like most tracks that I know about, they run on batteries (18-19volts) or they run off of power supplies that have 10 or amps which also tend to 18 to 20 volts.

The class is setup for the cars to use stock Aurora parts, because time has diminished what is available, the cars setup has evovled over the years.

just go to <a href='http://slotcar64.freeyellow.com/tjc_1.html' target='_blank'>Greenbrier rules</a> for info.
slotking Wrote:Like most tracks that I know about, they run on batteries (18-19volts) or they run off of power supplies that have 10 or amps which also tend to 18 to 20 volts.

The class is setup for the cars to use stock Aurora parts, because time has diminished what is available, the cars setup has evovled over the years.

just go to <a href='http://slotcar64.freeyellow.com/tjc_1.html' target='_blank'>Greenbrier rules</a> for info.
Just seen the ad on that URL for the April 9th meet. I'd give an arm and a leg to see that!!!

I am ultra stock here, pure TJet, that is all I know. I guess the newer sets have 18 volt transformers.