Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheetah kit
I was happy with the position of the motor mags, but not with the 'L' shaped traction mags. Where they are now pushes the rear bulkhead out of square. Time to deglue and start again and trim more from the chassis to move them forward I think.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

you should not have to trim the chassis.
like the steel plate, color the bulkheads with a sharpie so the glue does not stick to them.
make sure the bulkheads are screwed in place.  

make sure the L mags are flat with the bottom of the car and sitting nicely between the bulk heads.
Remember to add your races to the RACE Calendar
The RACE Calendar

If you look at the front of the L shaped mags Mike there is a small plastic nub between the front bulkhead and mag. This was originally about 3mm long and the mags didn't fit, I trimmed enough so that they would but now they still sit too far back.
The rear traction mag pic is not so clear but do they sit in the chassis with the channel down over the chassis? Like an upside down 'U'
I like the sharpie tip, worked great on my plate. Why didn't I do that on the bulkheads Smile
Lucky I'm starting again.
Quote:The rear traction mag pic is not so clear but do they sit in the chassis with the channel down over the chassis? Like an upside down 'U'

the U should be at the top facing the sky.what it does is to reduce down force on the straights.

curious if they change the L magnet size?  never had any issues with them in the past
The RACE Calendar

[Image: 24683141688_3a8a4f76f1_k.jpg]Cheetah bottom by Michael King, on Flickr
The RACE Calendar