Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
motor height
I working on a couple of cars, 1 t-jet and 1 dash.
swapped motors on the dash and put on the dyno, it was very slow.  I found that the motor post was sticking way up so I knocked it down even with the gear.
car was much faster.

then I swapped arms on my fray car.  The post was sticking up a little, maybe 30k or so.
I push it down even with the gear and it went from 1.60 on the dyno to 1.75.

So it seems the extra weight on the burshes help speed up the motor.
(06-09-2019, 07:37 PM)slotking Wrote: I working on a couple of cars, 1 t-jet and 1 dash.
swapped motors on the dash and put on the dyno, it was very slow.  I found that the motor post was sticking way up so I knocked it down even with the gear.
car was much faster.

then I swapped arms on my fray car.  The post was sticking up a little, maybe 30k or so.
I push it down even with the gear and it went from 1.60 on the dyno to 1.75.

So it seems the extra weight on the burshes help speed up the motor.

Probably changing the MoI (moment of inertia) slightly. This would change the energy requirement and balance of the motor assembly some. Very small changes can have big effects on fast rotating assemblies like this.
(06-13-2019, 06:06 PM)AptosC6 Wrote: Probably changing the MoI (moment of inertia) slightly. This would change the energy requirement and balance of the motor assembly some. Very small changes can have big effects on fast rotating assemblies like this.

I am not sure if that elates to tension or not, cause I find adding tension increases speed.