Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopra Nats 2010 - Super Jet Class
Well according to the latest I'm curious just all will be entailed in the below statement made by the Hopra National Director.

I would have posted the Qusestion there or Maybe someone that Can may do so to see if it will be addressed.

<span style='color:blue'>The Super Jet class will have very similar rules as the Lucky Bob's Jet Race last year.</span>

1. Will the Gjet be allowed to run its New Level 6 Polymer Motor Magnets - aka Ceramic Grade through many posts and tests it is confirmed there is considerable advantage to running the Polymer Magnets.

It has been alleged that Bsrt is selling<span style='color:red'> Gjets w Polymers </span>only? / and Many Groups are now allowing them in there local racing.

2. Will the Other Cars such as the T-1, T-2, be allowed a Polymer Motor Magnet since the Gjet now has them or How about a T3 Jet since it has the equivalent Motor Magnet like the Gjet <span style='color:red'>Level 6 Polymer</span>.

3. Will there be a change in voltage since Stronger Magnets at 12v may be a little sucky

4. While were at it, Will cars be allowed to use any Non Magnetic, Rear Ballast or Weighty as long as there Removeable.

5. Since your considering Polymer Magnets in these Cars what about Ball Bearings on the Motor only since there comparable to Bushings - Performance and Price Wise ?.

What about Arms ?, Stock Red Wires might be a little sucky with Grade 6 Polymers but there are stock unbalanced & unepoxied 3.5 to 5 ohm arms available <span style='color:red'>Red</span> & <span style='color:green'>Green</span> Wires that would perk those Polymers up pretty good.
Stacy the g jet class is here to stay. It has a great following and great support from BSRT. Why the continued trampling on it? The brass weights are not going away anytime soon. You are an HO history buff and know that for years racers have been tinkering around with brass handling pans and weights. It is not hype but a proven handling/performance help for the cars. The new jet cars are the same. Bob, Tony, and Gary all did this stuff years ago and now have adapted those same ideas to the cars of today. you keep coming up with different variations of the same class of car and want to add more parts and it seems to make things more complicated. Why not just get your T-2 jets and go out and race? Also, the new polymers do not require new arms, Stock arms work just fine. My boys and I have a few T3s with the new ceramic equivilant and they show no signs of being sucky! Comparing a race where there was a 3 lap difference in the poly mags versus the ceramics is hardly a considerable performance advantage.
jim

I think the poly mags would make a good hardbody class
but not an addin to SS, we need no changes there

the level 13 can be a great PM(RO) class if no magnet tweeks come around
Remember to add your races to the RACE Calendar
The RACE Calendar

schnoid Wrote:Stacy the g jet class is here to stay. It has a great following and great support from BSRT.  Why the continued trampling on it? The brass weights are not going away anytime soon. You are an HO history buff and know that for years racers have been tinkering around with brass handling pans and weights. It is not hype but a proven handling/performance help for the cars. The new jet cars are the same. Bob, Tony, and Gary all did this stuff years ago and now have adapted those same ideas to the cars of today. you keep coming up with different variations of the same class of car and want to add more parts and it seems to make things more complicated. Why not just get your T-2 jets and go out and race? Also, the new polymers do not require new arms, Stock arms work just fine. My boys and I have a few T3s with the new ceramic equivilant and they show no signs of being sucky! Comparing a race where there was a 3 lap difference in the poly mags versus the ceramics is hardly a considerable performance advantage.
I have my T2 Jet Cars and plenty of Brass Weights and will race in the Local group if & when they allow the T2 Jet, some Gjets, are now suspected of maybe even now having the polymer magnets since BSRT has and is selling The Gjets with Polymers, I assume they will be allowed.

I have pursued Numerous Avenues to have the T2 Jet allowed Locally it has not been accepted yet.

So as just going to race if the T2 Jet was allowed I would, There's no other form of Magnet Car Racing I live in the land where Tjets Rule.

I do know the Majority of use to be Magnet Car Racers here could careless for Magnet Cars and this Polymer Magnet Thing is a Huge Reason why Magnet Cars are dead here.

I wish it was not so I have even had dreams of Racing Tjets but I awoke and realized it was a dream and is probablly a more obtainable reality right now than a Magnet Car Race .

I'm also thankfukl that the Local Guys still welcome me to Race with them. But Lately I have just enjoyed watching them shaking a few hands and reliving some of the use to days.

I think Bsrt's initial plan was to attract Tjet Racers I was privied to some converstaion where collaborations and ideas were seduced. But i didn't care because it did not invole all the Cars, This was around the time of the 2005 Hopra Nats.

Stock arms may be fine but results also show that performance can be better

What was True Then Still Applys Today but I beleive The Ceramics of Today are much better.

Tyco Short Car

Made by Steve Godinez

[Image: short-cars-007b.jpg]

[Image: short-cars-010b.jpg]

[Image: Old017.jpg]

Now if the Local shop here allows the T2 jet to run Then I'm back in to the game.

As far as the Brass thing yes as I acknowledged it does have performance gains but the same can be done with less weight at less cost without it.

Jim all I'm doing is holding on salvaging what I have invested in .

The Bonded magnets are Changing the Game and I will adjust with it right now they appear to be cheaper but what Happens when someone one ups the other. I'll just watch what I spend.

Right now I have a Very Conservative race box less than 10 slottech race cars and I may add a few more, my biggest arm is a Green Wire

Thats a long way from 6 or 7 Unlimiteds, 5 or 6 drop in Neo's about 40 Arms, about 70 pairs of rocks, 10 dial a mesh rear ends with pinions. Thats not counting all the other support parts a small fortune.

While in my heart I still desire Neo & Unlimited. My wallet says wakeup.

I can even remember our last Magnet Car race in Kansas City the most attended class was a plane jane stock red wire unbalanced, Un epoxied and slip ons.

But I guess Jim you have a better situation than I you have your sons to race with.

I'm not knocking the inevitable

Polymer Bonded replacing Ceramic just trying to keep an option open for the Ceramics I have, I have invested in the New Slottech bonded grade 6 to be ready when change does come.

I'm just not going to try to keep up with the Jones like I use to !!!

p.s.

The Real Qusetion is will Bsrt's <span style='color:red'>New Polymer Gjet </span>set precedent for all the other Cars & Manufacturer's in Hopra - Flash's above statement in the First Post leaves a lot to the immagination.

But I guess if I Make The Nats this Year and the Polymer Gjet is allowed, I guess I could take a t3 and turn it into T3 jet?

I honestly beleive The real deal is here is more about <span style='color:red'>Control</span> and <span style='color:red'>Making Money </span>than Ho racing !!!

One things for sure Bsrt & Michigan will have a heavy influence on any Hopra Decision.

Give Me a Jingle

Stacy

816-853-4227
Wink
no poly's are are allowed

only ceramic

plus BSRT never submitted them to be legal for 2010 NATs
The RACE Calendar

True ! but the <span style='color:red'>Control</span> factor reaches far & wide beyond Hopra!
the question was about the nats, so that is the info!

what other do for fun is up to them as long as they have fun
The RACE Calendar

I do see promise and a Hell of a lot of potential with the Slottech Level 6 Polymers, I will be ready Jet or SS style , Ceramic or Ceramic Grade.

Another plus is in the Advancement Tony has continued w the Tyco Base Car the T-1 , T-2, T3 do have some common ground and its wonderful how things fall into place.

And I'm learning more Each day this starting to get fun again !!!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

To Everyone !!!
Wink