Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
t2 update
all it needs now are some shoes I do not have to tweak!
Remember to add your races to the RACE Calendar
The RACE Calendar

oh yeah

congrats on your win Big Grin
The RACE Calendar

I let the car run for about 2 hours of dragging the tractions.
getting a little grooving on the rear of the tractions.

heat was about 100 degrees after 2 hours.

but the good axle set back in, put back on the dyno, the brushes set some so it was up to 21fps still 4 or 5 fps slower than a normal t1 but faster than it was before.

ran some more laps

3.828 seconds Rolleyes

this car on normal down force track is awesome!
Will be interested to hear how it run on smooth & higher DF tracks like the MAX tracks as well as routed tracks
The RACE Calendar

If I can hit a 3.8 with a slow arm
what will the car do with a good arm?
plus if I add bigfoots to the car?
plus if I go to my 8/21 gearing?

this is scary :ph34r:
The RACE Calendar

I raced it tonight!

since the track was small, I figure speed was no big issue.
the car did very well!

But! I have no thread locker for standard barrels, so I had to pull the car after it slowed down and go to my box to adjust the set screw back in!

On the small track I figure I lost 10 to 15 laps, which put me in 3 place and 9 laps down
The RACE Calendar

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>Sounds impressive,
I'll need to pick one up.
HOWEVER,
I built my first G3R two weeks ago, and raced it two days later on a track that held the ss lap record with a T1 (by yours truly). That car is fast! The record before that was G3 set by Wink .

Well, I set a new record with the 'R'. I knocked FOUR-TENTHS(!) off the track record! :blink:
When I saw it on the monitor I thought it was a timing glitch, until I proceeded to duplicate the same times....

I've seen a T2 in action and driven one. They don't seem to have the 'explosiveness' of the T1???</span></span></span>
there are 3 t2's (I think)
the orginal and then the cut back 1, and now the white 1 (flex).

I am using the flex, and the handling is so good, the very slow arm in the car is not an issue compared to the g3-r & t1 times on my track.

Last night, even though slower than I like, it wipped through the turns
The RACE Calendar

The car is still not set right, I'm getting weird noises (somewhere in the axle setup)
The car now has a decent arm & bigfoot system. Using the old style shoes (seem to fit better), went back to the 8T pinion to reduce punch out of turns.

Running consistent 3.7 lap times.

BTW, I have some P2 ski shoes that worked on the car. not great cause the push up off the barrel some, but some tweaking and you may have another shoe :blink:

unlike the t1 and my standard setup of cars, this car like to run above the rails or barely touching.
The RACE Calendar

just a reminder, I am talking about the 4902 chassis.

my original T2 chassis seems more like the t1
The RACE Calendar

hey king please keep me posted i wont get mine till november! does it really handle that well? you know what group i race with and the g3 rules {hehe} so a car that handles better is worth its weight in gold!! B)